Career Opportunities | Putzmeister
Outside parts sales representatives sell Putzmeister parts and pipe to new and existing customers. They seek out and contact customers, offer parts and pipe solutions, answer any questions that their customers may have, and create relationships to help promote Putzmeister parts and pipe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and explain how specific products and services can meet these needs.
- Help customers select products to meet customers' needs, product specifications, and regulations.
- Emphasize product features that will meet customers' needs and exhibit product capabilities and limitations.
- Answer customers' questions about prices, availability, and product uses.
- Prepare sales quotes and submit/enter orders for processing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Follow up with customers to make sure they are satisfied with their purchases and to answer any questions or concerns.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associates / bachelor’s degree in business or manufacturing technology preferred.
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications capabilities as well as a good understanding of computers (Email, Word, Excel, SAP).
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical office environment; occasionally exposed to noise, dust, and chemicals.
- Safety glasses/goggles must be worn at all times while in designated areas of shop.
The above information includes the general details necessary to describe the principal duties of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.